To receive RSC, the person must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be eligible for and receiving MA
2. Reside in an eligible institution at the time the person receives RSC
3. Be closed to any home and community-based services (HCBS) waivers due to a stay in an eligible institution
4. Choose to live in the community
5. Choose to receive RSC.
The person needs an assessment to determine and document eligibility:
1. If the person has had a MnCHOICES or long-term care consultation (LTCC) assessment, the lead agency can authorize RSC within 365 days from the date of the assessment
2. If the person has had a developmental disabilities (DD) screening, the lead agency can authorize RSC within six months from the date of the assessment, as long as RSC is listed as a current service.